Lunia PVP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST!

Go down

Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST! Empty Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST!

Post by ElectricValkyrie Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Lunia PVP- Combo Style Tournament (1v1)

Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST! PVP+Tournament+Banner12

Planned Date: October 5th, 2013
Registration Deadline: October 1st, 2013 11:59 PM EST
UPDATE - Let me know prior to 7PM on Oct 5th if you are entering

Time: Briefing/Rules 6:30 PM EST
Matches Start at 7:00 PM EST
Lobby: US-EAST US- WEST

Some clarification: The matches begin at 7:00 PM if you register to participate I will try to include approximate times for when each individual match will start (if you check the bracket). That way, if you are short on time, you won't have to show up exactly at 7:00 PM.

As seen above, the registration deadline is October 1st, 2013 11:59 PM EST. You must either Mail ElectricValkyrie (the TO) in-game or apply on Challonge: http://challonge.com/7ld5w3fa. Currently, there will be no entrance fee.

Right now we are focusing on the tournament being 1v1. Depending on time and community demand, we may be able to implement a 2v2 tournament as well. Considering the tournament will run quite long (1 Lunia match could average 5-7 min), I don’t think we will have time for anything else on the side.

The rules will have to be fine tuned over the course of the next few weeks. Tentatively, this is what I have in mind for the general rules. Anything with an asterisk will be explained in further detail below. Keep reading for tournament format and other match rules.

Rewards

Revised Sept 10, 2013

We will do away with the previous Lcoin reward and go with a cash prize. This is to encourage participation, and yes, it is out of my own pocket. 

All winning will be paid out by PayPal so please have an account. 

1ST PLACE: $10.00 USD

2ND PLACE $6.00 USD

3RD PLACE $4.00 USD

Rules

• Max Stat 500
  • 15K HP MAX
  • No Pets
  • No Set Bonus
  • No Rebirth Skills
  • 3 sec. Invulnerability after respawn

• Level Req: 70 (debatable)
  • City Arena only (*)
  • Disallowed Skills: Healing and most buffs (*) Tia's Poison DOT Passive will be disallowed from the tourney. Reset's will be given to Tia's who are unable to make the change due to insufficient LCoins.
  • Spamming: The player must make an attempt to “catch” (a/s attack starting a combo) the other player. Repetitive use of skills on the ground will be frowned upon. Whether this will lead to a disqualification is still up for debate
  • Character Selection: You are allowed to use any character for any match. However, if you do switch character's please notify the TO (myself) and give your character name, that way there is no confusion. 

Tournament Format

• Double Elimination Tournament
  • Random Draw Seeding
  • Regular Matches are best of 1 
  • Semis and Finals are best of 3 (this depends on number of entrants / time available)
  • Goal for number of entrants: 32
  • Challonge Bracket URL: http://challonge.com/7ld5w3fa

The tournament will be run according to standard double elimination rules. Matchups/Seeding in the brackets will be assigned randomly. This will be determined before the day of the tournament after our registration deadline. Once a player loses once they will be moved to the losers bracket.

I am still up for suggestions and comments regarding the official format we will use, but these are my general ideas for now.

Stages

The only two tournament viable stages seem to be City Arena and Battle in the Forest. With such a small stage list, things like counter picking stages and such seem to be rather pointless. Though I would like to hear input from the community. I feel Battle in the Forest would offer too much running room to avoid the other player, which I why I feel City Arena should be the only accepted stage.

Disallowed Skills

All healing skills will be banned. This includes summons that heal such as Kali’s summon. All damage buffs and other buffs will be banned (unless noted). Speed buffs such as Ralph and Lime’s are still up for debate whether they will be allowed or not. It is recommended to remove all buffs and heals from your toolbar so you don’t accidentally use them. Upon using a buff or skill you will be warned the first time, and for the second use, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Tournament Etiquette

Keep it clean, guys. This tournament is hosted for fun and for the community. I decided to host this tournament and gather a following because I love the PVP aspect of Lunia to such a high degree.

Excessive stalling, in matches or in the lobby will lead to a disqualification. Spamming as I mentioned is an iffy topic as it is hard to justify. If the community feels the need to issue a warning/ban for excessive spamming we shall do so.

Prior to a set (not each match) an option for a button check will be available. This is to give a few seconds to test out your latency/lag and make sure all your buttons are working. DO NOT inflict damage to the other players during this time as resetting a match is difficult.

Again, infractions will follow the warning and then subsequent ban rule, so keep this in mind.

Latency/Lag

We have all had bad days when your network is struggling or days when Lunia has massive lag spikes. This is difficult to address, because I know the latency and player’s ping is different on each PVP channel. The standard lobby will be US-East, unless the conditions happen to be horrible on tourney day, we will switch to West. 

There will be no stalling mid match because of lag, unless conditions become unplayable. If you happen to have a lag spike, you must take a hit and move on. Extreme lag will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the TO. Depending on conditions, there may be some leniency given. This will be evaluated on the day of the tournament. To compensate US-West players I will host a tournament there in the future, so please be patience. I considered this method would allow the tournament to run smoother.

Any other questions, concerns, comments or suggestions, feel free to PM me here, send me a mail in-game or create a topic/reply here.

These rules are only the foundation and things may change in the future. 

FAQ

What if more than 32 players sign up for registrations?

In this case, the remaining players will be placed on a waiting list. If anyone drops out or doesn't show the day of the tournament (which is bound to happen) they will fill the places of those who are missing. Right now my goal is 32 participants. I feel more would take too long (since I only plan to run one match at a time). If we have less than 32, we will just run the tournament with those who are available.

I don't recognize this host/player. The TO is not popular enough etc...

Well, playing a game and hosting a tournament for example are two separate things. If it is an issue of trust, you have nothing to lose because there is not even an entrance fee. The only thing either of us (collectively) have to lose is a time investment. Don't worry I am serious about this.

Will the tournament organizer (TO) be entering the tournament?

No. I, ElectricValkyrie won't be entering. I will be too busy with the brackets, refereeing, and recording matches to do so. 

Such and Such is overpowered it should be banned in tournament play.

Please bring it to my attention and we will discuss it with the community. The rules we have right now are tentative and may change. 

I would like to volunteer or help in some way.
How to contact the TO (me)?

Again for any of these issues, mail/whisper me in-game (ElectricValkyrie), or PM me here. Likewise create a new thread discussing any questions, comments or concerns you may have.

What is the expected timeframe for the duration of the tournament?

Unfortunately, I can only give an approximation. This depends on the number of players and how smoothly things run. A single set could probably last between 10 min to say, 20 minutes at most. As a result, I expect the tournament to run for quite a bit. My advice is to pay attention to the bracket. Matches will be played in the order they appear on the Challonge bracket and we will move down the list. So, if you win your set, feel free to take a break, as you won’t be playing for some time most likely than not. This leads to my next question…

What if a player is not present or afk when their match is called?

This tournament is an experiment, so I am not 100% experience on the best way to go about this. However, this is my plan in such an event. If a player is not present, we will move on to the next match in the bracket. If we play all the sets in the bracket and the player is still away, they will be disqualified. The opponent will then proceed to the next round.

Changes and Updates

1. Sept 5th 2013- Sets for normal games changed to best of 1. Semis and Finals will be best of 3. I feel this will be best on time given the expected number of entrants. This is a double elimination tournament, so keep that in mind.
  2. Sept 6th-2013- The standard lobby will be US-EAST. There will be no changing lobbies unless there are extremely laggy conditions for both players. 
  3. Sept 11th-2013- Added a cash reward for the top placing participants. Added clarity to character selection. You can use any character for any match, just notify the TO and give the name of your new character.
  4. Sept 20th-2013- Tia's Poison DOT removed from the tournament. HP CAP will be set at 15k.

Current Topics of Debate

1. Tia's Poison passive should be banned. It would encourage stalling etc... (Suggested) [My Thoughts. This would mean all Tia players would have to skill reset. Even though LCoin are free. We'll see what Tia's player's have to say. I only feel it is OP if a Tia uses alot of stalling tactics and runs away. 
  2. Lime's Speed Buff ok, other characters speed buffs banned. (My Thoughts) 

Last edited by ElectricValkyrie on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:45 pm; edited 27 times in total
ElectricValkyrie
ElectricValkyrie
Admin

https://luniapvp.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST! Empty Re: Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST!

Post by ElectricValkyrie Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:04 am

Some thoughts. If every match is best of 3 and we get 32 entrants, I can imagine the tournament running quite long. At around 5-7 min per game at the minimum, this would definitely run too long. This is not possible without multiple games running at the same time, and multiple TO's.

Therefore we have several options.

- Winner's bracket is best of 1 (win or lose) and Loser's Bracket is best of 3. Semis/finals best of 3.
- Winner's and losers bracket best of 1 (win or lose) and semi's/finals best of 3.
- Run the tournament at different parts of the day. i.e. Winner bracket, then loser bracket later on, then finals later in the day.
- Have multiple TO's referee's on board so that games can be played at the same time. Downside, no guarantee the matches will be recorded.

Either way, I feel I have to condense it because otherwise we would be looking at a 7-8 hour tournament.
ElectricValkyrie
ElectricValkyrie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST! Empty Re: Tournament Rules and Information (Final Date and Time Oct 5th 2013 - 6:30 PM EST) - Cash Prizes! US WEST!

Post by ElectricValkyrie Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Intro Vid: 

ElectricValkyrie
ElectricValkyrie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectricValkyrie Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 pm

Please check the recent updates.

All Matches on US-WEST
HP MAX 15k
Tia's Poison Passive is removed for the tourney (ironically we don't have any Tia's registered yet).
Registration is allowed up to 7PM on the day of the tourney.
ElectricValkyrie
ElectricValkyrie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectricValkyrie Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Ok guys I gave my final thoughts on the challonge comments page but I will post them here as well. 

Thanks guys for the support. We had a pretty good turnout. Thanks to OneSound and DeathDainnX for registering at the last moment, they put on an excellent show for us all.

Shoutouts to Ulrtraknight as well, he made one heck of a comeback in losers bracket. Once again, thanks to all the attendees could not have make this possible without you. 

Final Results:

Supreme Champion:OneSound
Worthy Adversary:DeathDainnX
Maybe Next Time:UlrtraKnight
4th place:alpheta
5th place tie:SnoBall
FrostBiteTeddy
7th place tie:HumanBeing
shadowzuziz
9th place tie:XlDJYlx
Ralph61
CiniValcun
Sensualeirr
13th place:Fluxinator

Videos will be posted gradually on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/LuniaPvP

Also check out BedinSpace's channel (Carrot ign in Lunia I believe) https://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
ElectricValkyrie
ElectricValkyrie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down